Getting the community involved in Alderney's sustainable future, Island Fa
The Alderney Wildlife Trust (AWT) is the island's only organisation dedicated to the protection of the natural environment.
The focus of the AWT is not only species and habitat conservation, but also the integration of the very concept of island bioiversity into the heart of how our community perceives its island home.
The aim of our game
You can join us in conserving our island by:
- Becoming a member of the AWT and inviting others to join you
- Recording wildlife sightings for the Alderney Record Centre (ARC), or by contacting us
- Keeping to pathways and nature trails during your walks around the island’s nature reserves and beyond
- Photographing wild flowers rather than picking them
- Replacing rocks after rock pooling as not doing this can have a very damaging effect on marine life
- Using the litter bins where available, or taking your litter home
- Picking up after your dog and where possible using the dog waste bins provided
And perhaps most importantly by teaching yourself and your children about our island.