The Alderney Wildlife Trust (AWT) is the only organisation on Alderney dedicated to the protection of the island's wildlife, and the only Wildlife Trust in the Channel Islands. Membership is the Trust's most important source of income and is vital to its survival.
From as little as £2 per month your membership will helps us protect our island's rich wildlife
As a member of Alderney Wildlife Trust you will receive:
- Copies of our fascinating Alderney Wildlife magazine and The Wildlife Trusts’ national magazine, Natural World, three times a year, both publications full of wildlife articles and the latest conservation developments both in Alderney and the wider British Isles.
- Walking guides, maps and leaflets on the wildlife of Alderney.
- Reduced price access to AWT events and activities (including boat trips).
- Priority invitation to special events.
- Gift memberships also include a welcome card from the AWT and a complimentary copy of the stunning coffee table book, Alderney - an Introduction.
Please note - full membership of the Alderney Bird Observatory (ABO) is seperate from the full Trust membership. Anyone joining the AWT will recieve affiliate membership of the ABO, which includes electronic updates on what is happening at the observatory. Further Trust members are eligable for a 15% discount on full ABO membership should they wish to support it further.
With your help the Trust can continue to grow its membership and ensure our members have an active say in what we do. With this in mind the Trust has to special membership offers:
- Any member who introduces another person to AWT membership will be eligible for a free gift worth up to £5 from the AWT's on-island shop.
- Introduction of 3 new memberships entitles you to a free tour of our Puffin and Gannet colonies on the AWT's boat, Sula of Braye.
Please just ask new members to mention your name as their introducee at the point of joining.
What is my membership doing?
Membership income is core to the AWT's work providing funding:
- to run our reserves
- to maintain public access
- to develop and use natural history records for the island
- to undertake our work to explore and understand the ecology of our island
- to develop the Alderney Bird Observatory
- and much much more . . . .
Why not buy a gift membership for a friend or relation for that special occasion? This makes a unique and different present, and one that lasts all year. We offer gift membership packs including a range of books and other Trust gift shop produce all tailored to your taste and budget.
Membership Subscription Rates
|Family (Inc. Watch)||£40.00|
|Children's Watch (free Alderney residents)||£10.00|
|Alderney Bird Observatory (indivdual full member)||£20.00|
How do I become a member?
You can become a member by following the links above
or alternatively contact Roland or Lindsay: +44 (0) 1481 822935